Nowdays kids “toys” are getting more and more expensive, complicated, and “advanced.” It can be intimidating for parents and sometimes we get caught up in wanting the latest and greatest thing for our kids.
However, I’m sure you remember back in the day, before iPods and Baby Einstein, and all that, there were some simple things kids got a kick out of. Funny thing is, kids today, still get a kick out of simple things like this. Turns out the cost of the object does NOT have a direct relationship to how much kids love it.
Here are 5 Simple Things Kids Love…
- Paper airplanes – You still remember how to make one right?
- Pots and Pans – Just about every kid I know likes to go into the cabinet and pull out a bunch of pots and pans to play with.
- “Stickers” Made from Tape - I used to draw a small picture on a piece of scotch tape and stick it on my daughter’s hand. She loved it!
- Happy Faces as Rewards - You seen rewards charts before for putting fun stickers on when kids do their chores or complete some other desired task. Well, all I did was draw a nice big smiley face on the calendar. My 2 and 3-year-olds thought it was just as cool.
- Good Old Fashioned (and free) Hugs, Smiles & Eye Contact from Mom and Dad