Crazy, Messy, and Awesome all at Once
Of course, that might mean looking a little "crazy" to other people because now days normal is:
If you're fine with that then you probably won't like this site much (and that's okay!).
But if you want more for yourself and your family, if you think normal sucks and want a little support along your journey to awesomeness, then you and I are going to get along just fine! Welcome to Crazy Mom Life :)
Post of the Day
With all the contradictory nutrition advice out there today, it’s so tough to know what is good for you and what isn’t. How should you eat? What should you eat? When should you eat?
- Some say avoid fruits in the morning, others say to eat fruit in the morning.
- Some say eliminate grains, others say eat whole grains.
- Some say carbs only in the morning, others say eat carbs at night.
How are you supposed to practice good nutrition habits with so much conflicting information being thrown at you? Honestly, I don’t know the science behind any of it. I’m not interested in trying to figure it all out either. What you’ll read below is NOT scientific or professional advice. If you have health issues and concerns, please get nutritional advice from an actual professional (not from me).
That said, here are the common sense guidelines I follow when it comes to food and nutrition.
- Eat when you’re hungry, not when you’re bored, sad, happy, thirsty, or simply in the vicinity of food.
- If you’re not hungry, don’t eat.
- Minimize sugary treats.
- Try to eat foods that have an actual nutritional value for your body, stuff that nourishes it.
- Eat more real food and less chemical imitations of food.
- If it has ingredients that are longer than the alphabet, don’t eat it.
- If it’s “best by” some date that occurs some time after you die of old age, don’t eat too much of it if any.
I saw this posted on facebook by the Raw for Beauty Fan Page and thought it was awesome! Even though my thumb is any color but green, some of these look fun to try. I know I wouldn't mind growing my own avocado, sweet potatoes, ginger, or garlic. … [Read More...]
Ooh, that red circle with a big number in it! Makes you want to click right? It's screaming at you for attention. Gotta clear that number! I know that feeling. I used to be a slave to it. But I'm working to change that! How do you start your … [Read More...]
Getting back on track with healthy food choices involves preparation! Success requires doing less at the last minute and doing more to plan and stock your house with healthy foods. Still, I'm the first to admit that I'm not the best at meal … [Read More...]